Wednesday 10 July 2013

Prepping with Zoe Brewer.


So taking a little step back into the past to continue telling you about my work with Zoe Brewer which ended back in March. You can find my first post here, where I explain how I assisted with testing out her idea for using the natural elements of the Lower Mill Estate where her interior project took place.

Moving on from logs, I had the opportunity to assist Zoe with the prep for the project. This involved researching and purchasing various items for the apartments she was styling, such things as a Christmas tree to a tea strainer to 90+ cushion inners! Its remarkable what you forget you may need when staying in a holiday apartment.

This been the first time I had worked with interiors was a real eye opener for me. Zoe had worked with Lower Mill in the past for similar projects, so she had a great idea of what she wanted to achieve from working with this new apartment block. Zoe is an extreme pinner on Pinterest using this as a bases for her projects, she explains here, also have a look at her inspirational boards here.

I was able to see first hand how Zoe was able to make quick and professional decisions on certain aspects of the project. From chosen colours and styles of appliances to styling elements and understanding why from a price and aesthetics direction. Understanding how logistics comes into a project like this was quite an eye opener. Deliveries where made left right and centre of various items, which where then put in storage, then brought out of storage, then into a van, then onto the Lower Mill Estate, then unloaded there, Phew!! On top of all this I also got to take a trip to Ikea with Zoe, which was a great experience!

Working with Zoe on this project has really brought to my attention interiors around me and looking at the textures, colours and shapes of various elements. Heres some of my fave pictures from the past few months taken when out and about on a my phone.


Back bar at London Cocktail Club, Shaftesbury Avenue.


Retro tattoo wall art.


Hammersmith Apollo ceiling patterns.


Straight line patterns at Borough Market.



Lighting at Wahacas, Soho and Covent Garden.


Funky little seats at Wahaca Soho, Tequila Bar.


Tile Pattern.


Painted stairs and matching wallpaper patterns.

Old fire station wall at (funnily enough) Fire Station Bar, Waterloo.












No comments:

Post a Comment