Tuesday 8 October 2013

Not your usual Egypt


It has taken its time but I have slowly stopped dreaming that I will wake up in Egypt after a whirlwind holiday there in the middle of September. I was surprised with a last minute booking by Dan and although I knew we had a week off together I didn’t anticipate it would mean sunbathing on a beach in 40+ degree heat! And yes, I got a nice tan, which is fading fast, and yes, I did get sun burn, and yes it was on the last day before our flight making it a very uncomfortable flight! Word to the wise; never fall asleep in the sun on your last day…

However, this didn’t ruin what was such a lovely holiday. With the current arrest in Egypt, it was advised not to go on many excursions, so we didn’t venture out of the complex at all making it a very relaxing holiday. Luckily the hotel had a lovely private beach and a private jetty for you too lump off in to the Red Sea. Having never snorkelled before it was such an experience to see a wonder of colours, shapes and different species of fish all under the water. Having not been in possession of an underwater camera sadly I could take no pictures, but I did take some pictures of the different shapes and textures around the hotel that inspired me and what I share with you on this post.

Hopefully in a few years I would love to return to the country and explore as the history really does intrigue me, the architecture, and materials used and the stories behind it. I just hope such a inspiring country can come back from such upset.













I also managed to find my self a friend for the week to replace me missing my own kitty :)


Massive holidays blues now….
E x

No comments:

Post a Comment