Sunday 13 January 2013

Hello 2013


Hello 2013 and what a big bad blogger I was in 2012.

It appears that my shot at been a top blogger failed. So not one to usually have a new year resolution (other than eat all the chocolates and cheese before the end of January) I have written a list of things I need to achieve. 

1. Blog....

and I think thats it.

So to fill you in from my last post which was March 2012 (tut tut), this is how 2012 went for me...

March.


I finished my placement with Rhea Thierstein working on her Bompass and Parr set as a set dresser… My partner in crime was the lovely Emma Denby

I also completed my project in partnership with City & Country Farmers Markets.  A travelling exhibition directed at promoting the farmers markets from a new angle whilst teaching children about food and healthy eating. Special thanks to Sarah Aylward my photographer for the weekend event. The exhibition was seen within Borough Market, Oval Market and Alexandra Palace Market. All worth a visit for some scrummy food...



April.

April was spent mostly in inside, in the library working on my dissertation.

‘How the use of CGI has affected the television industry and the effects it may have upon the future.’

And believe it or not, I had it finished and printed 5 days before hand in...!!

After that hard slog I began my placement within the props team for the Olympic and Paralympic Ceremonies, more later...

May.

A busy month of compiling all my work so I could finally finish my degree!!
And to celebrate, well how else but at the Jay-Z and Kanye West Watch The Throne tour. 
That. Shit. Cray!

p.s picture aren't that brilliant because their from my phone.

June.

Living in London I had the great opportunity to be part of the Queens Jubilee celebrations. A busy weekend where I needed a big rest afterwards, so I reckon Queenie will have done as well!


July.

So July, possibly my busiest month, ever.

Not only did I head home to celebrate my Dads 50th but also my Grandads 70th. Then caught a bit of Rihanna and friends across at Hyde Park for the Wireless festival.

After all that excitement, I finally finished my time as a student. I graduated with a First Class Honours which I still can't really believe.


I then finished the month on a high with the Olympic Opening Ceremony. Words can't really describe how awesome it was, to me at first it was just a job, now when I look back, it was bloody brilliant!!


August.

So with the Olympics in town I got the chance to go down and watch some diving and practice my pure breed British spirit!

I went along with one of my oldest friends and our men in tow. They also surprised me with the lovely news of their engagement whilst away which we celebrated. Then two weeks later they decided that getting engaged wasn't enough and she phoned me to tell me she was expecting, so since august obsession with weddings and babies has got me hooked! I am thankful is not for me though!

And also, nagging really actually works and I got the great present of a little ginger ninja who we called Franky.



September.

Finally a restful month spent working on jobs, seeing more of London and then popping home to celebrating Dans Great Nana 100th birthday! 


October.

October was spent working on events for Halloween, but most importantly it was the month of the Skyfall premier.
If anybody knows me well they will know how much I love the James Bond franchise and most importantly, Daniel Craig. Who after years of longing I can finally say I have touched and talked to, all above board obviously! 

November.

So the month I was dreading, because it was the month I turned 25. But if I could turn 25 every year I wouldnt mind. 
My birthday was a great weekend full of surprises. Amongst alot of fun the best bits where skating at Somerset House, climbing to the top of St Pauls cathedral and to top it off spent a full day at the Harry Potter studios, all present from Dan, he is good :)

December.

So finally, the month of family, friends and pickled onions.
Work still has to be done which is why I was lucky enough to head along to Battersea Power Station to assist Pippa Jameson on a secret shoot for Battersea Power Station. Unfortunately photos or information cant be released till what we was working on goes live. But I can say I was in the famous control room where Mr Colin Firth himself became our King, well for a few scenes anyways.


So then thats it, making a very busy year into one post I think I did it?

After all this hustle and bustle I went home and spent a lovely Christmas back up north with the family and friends. then returned to London to see what 2013 has got for me...

Elle x












No comments:

Post a Comment