Thursday 22 March 2012

first week placement...


So these images below show the project I helped with whilst at the Rhea Thierstein studio what I mentioned in my last post. The project was run by Rhea’s two assistant, Sophie Durham and  Lucy Anstey who themselves are both budding set designers, art directors, prop stylist, ‘jack of all trades’ really!!

The brief was to create the window displays for Browns fashion house based in London’s, Mayfair for the recent fashion week. Their focus was the four elements, earth, fire, water and air. Whilst at the studio I worked on the air window display, creating over sized balloons, which you may think would be easy, but it defiantly wasn’t!! Who would have thought making balloons from balloons would be so hard, first of all it was the glue, then how the paper was setting, then the way it dried! But we got there in the end. phew!!

The set up day went well and below are the pictures of me working in the studio and the final images of the windows I helped install. Some of the props used where made by professionals who had faculties to char wood and make stones look like soot!

Thanks for recent comments on my past few posts as well, makes me feel warm inside
So that was day two of me trying to update my blog, what shall I discuss tomorrow…..

Elle

Picture of the studio and the lovely girls I worked with on this project, check out the size of them balloons!!


 Its hard enough for me to tie a balloon knot, but to have to make one!! jeezz!!
 making the soot look all "naturally fallen" for the smoke heads window
 pretty sea shells for the water window
 Installing the balloons and harnesses



 Final images :)

 Air
 Earth
(tumbleweeeeds!!)


Earth
(i painted the swing wheeyy)



No comments:

Post a Comment